Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The magic of discernment or the nature v nurture debate


Was thinking about maturity. When it’s a peach, I anticipate the appropriate moment when its ideal to eat. I know that its moment of perfect maturity is a function of so many different things: soil nutrients, the genetics of the fruit stock, the health of the tree, the weather during the fruit’s development, the environment of the store, the environment in my home where the peach is stored. It’s not magic. The magic is my in the use of intuition, with the help of my senses, knowing the exact moment when that peach is perfectly mature. Not mushy, not green, but sweet and perfect.

Are we so different? Its not nature vs nurture. It’s the optimal blending of each with just a tad of magic.
I am a little past my peak of ripeness, I think, but my magical power is strong. I am learning to discern

No comments:

Post a Comment