Sunday, November 1, 2009

Its a Comfort Thing.




Perhaps its the smell of homemade soup simmering, the fireplace smoldering and the sound of "trick or treaters" recently visiting us that has made me feel all warm and settled inside. I realize a good portion of my energies in adulthood has been in pursuit of comfort. When there is warmth and softness when its a cold & wet night out of doors and I hear laughter (although silence is OK), I feel pretty good about how its all turned out.


When I am walking through the fall leaves (at least when I can withhold the thought that the task of raking needs to get added to my weekend list); I know that once I am inside it will be peaceful. I know that when I am inside my husband and I will share the days events with some level of interest and intensity; there will be a warm, relatively clean house; pets will greet me with enthusiasm, and I will go to bed feeling grateful for a very good life.

There are times I fret that life has become mundane, but on those days there is enough drama, in family matters and at work, to stave off boredom and to inspire growth.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



No comments:

Post a Comment