Sunday, November 1, 2009


On other matters With a comfortable theme.......my knitting

Knitting is a kind of mantra at times like this, its a place for me to let go of all that gets frazzled and tangled, finding the central thread and turning it into something pretty. I don't think much about what the product will be though. I like to get caught in the pattern, and the rhythm that the pattern creates. ..It beomes kinda of a hum as I knit and purl and add yarn overs finding the tempo and melody in it all. Once the pattern gets imprinted in my mind I can knit myself into a special place where nothing else even exists and my body has relaxed into the softness of the wool.

I started a new project with a wine red silk wool blend that is incredibly soft on my fingers and its rich jewel tone is just right as I create a column of leaves down the center of the scarf. Its a comfort scarf and I am filling my knitting of it with the love I feel for the scarf's recepient, my very best friend, Krista.

No comments:

Post a Comment