Monday, May 25, 2009

Working for flowery bounty


I know, deep down, there will be a time soon, probably on a 100 degree day in August, when I will look around my dry dusty and dead yard and wonder where my energy went.  I will question my sanity when I committed acts of prolific planting way back at the end of May as I struggle to clear out burned and neglected plant debris

Right now though I enjoy the warming dirt in my hands, the young shoots being planted, and am fed with the hopes of summer blooms.  I add an herb here and there, a few onions.  After all we can't live on the beautyalone, must have radishes.

The sweat feels good after a cold wet winter.  The pull of muscles promise to provide me with a sensory talisman in the next few days.  Its ok, better to garden and ache than to not garden at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment