Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009
So there are varying perspectives, ways to view the surroundings. One way is to focus on the particular, the swirls on the silver dollar shell, the fabric of the flower petal. However , another way is the taking in of the wondrous scenic view, the enormity of the 360 degrees look, so expansive so awesome
But then...there is a caution.
I have a tendency to confuse recognition of differing ways to organize and perceive data with enlightenment. Granted differing ways to perceive the sensory awareness is a precursor to enlightenment, or at times an obstacle. Do I use a close up lens or a wide lens…these are ways to frame the view, but not ways to experience and understand it. Framing the view, organizing the senses are ways to stave off the chaos. In the aggregate such thoughts lead to civilization.

April 19, 2009
At the beach.
I feel at the cusp of a new formative axial age in a self becoming process.It was the juxtaposition of the yoga, the mindful knitting, the sunset, and …the letting go of the tension and fear. Not to undervalue the importance of that sunset. (o dear. its a few days later and I recognize that the the book I am currently reading, The Great Transformation by Karen Armstrong has poked through in my writing style. Please pardon the pretension.)

Mindful knitting,
It’s the pattern, it becomes a mantra chanted with the movement of the fingers and the texture of the fibre. Sometimes the pattern is complex, taking time, attention, and yes some disturbing hours of frustration. Then there is the comfortable patterns allowing the fingers to memorize and providing the place for thoughts to be freed from that concern as well. The senses feel the soft and the mind mellows.There are other metaphors throughout the day. Any action really when done well can become a metaphor for more than itself. It doesn’t pay to search for those deeper meanings; there is pleasure when they discover you instead.
Hum. I find I even need to turn off the computer’s auto spell and grammar check. It has no respect for my frame of mind and keeps using green and red underlines to warn me I am treading into erroneous territory.
I insist on allowing myself this anarchy.

But enough introspection. Its beyond sunrise, I am aware of the waves and there are sunflashes from them interfering with my perceptions. The dog will wait for no pattern or metaphor and my Cockatoo is frantic. Time to don the sandals, the windbreaker and the walking stick, adding one poop bag and one souvenir bag to my ensemble, being careful to keep them separate. I am off.

From Manzanita Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment