Thursday, April 23, 2009

On knitting and random ramblings

I am ready for another project to fall back on since the forever shawl seems to be going on FOREVER, I need something else for interest. I usually have a pair of socks on the needles, but as warm weather approaches its hard to get excited about socks.

However, I have some Panda bamboo silk blend that would make a very pleasing pair of spring socks. Maybe the periwinkle socks shown in Ravelry, they are pretty and several Ravelry members have them shown in completed projects. Heres the link, http://www.ravelry.com/projects/yenforyarn/panda-cotton-periwinkle-socks. But if I am knitting a pair of socks requiring thought I will also need a pair in process needing none. Three projects in process seems about right.

My mind is rather unfocused. It is traipsing around between my current book, a little housework, knitting and planning new knitting, and skyping with my daughter. All of course with a cockatoo on my head. I must find a moment to file her claws, My scalp is getting scratched.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The fruition of a committed yoga practice is the capacity to deeply relax the inner struggle with life's paradoxes" (from, INSIGHT YOGA, by Sarah Powers.).I must admit to rather enjoying the energy of exploring and struggling with paradoxes. I know I am guided to relax but I find it boring after a few minutes. I am afraid I am a long way from any semblance of enlightenment.
But perhaps the difficulty is with the word 'relax'. In English it sounds passive. I suspect peace and serenity arent passive. I suspect being joyous with paradoxes presented to us in life maybe another way of approaching the reality of them (the paradoxes).
When I can make better sense of what I just wrote I will be back to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment