Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yoked :Binding together Mind, Body, Spirit

Yoke, yoga. Binding Together Mind, Body, and Spirit

I am aware of the tendencies of those aspects of who I am, possessing a willful capacity to fly apart. Yoga, it so happens, provides a method of bringing them into a harmonious whole.

I experience, painfully, my fracturedness on a daily basis. I am certain most of humanity experiences it as I do. I am hardly unique in that fact, hence the evolution of yoga in many traditions as a tool to cope.
Today I practice the savasanah, and the child pose, and the dragonfly….but most importantly I will breathe deeply and with joy face my day. Comfortable with the the interplay of diverse parts that make up that which is me.My fingers have finally settled into the simple lace pattern of the shawl I am working on, and the silk cotton blend is flying smoothly through my fingers. Also a yogic meditation.
I must leave this place in a few hours. I start the ritual soon of cleaning up the vestiges of our stay, vacuuming the sand, the birdfood, washing dishes, smoothing the bed with clean crisp sheets. On the deck with my purple mat, I will awkwardly practice my asanas, and breathe a deep breath of ocean breeze. And say goodby.

No comments:

Post a Comment