Wednesday, April 22, 2009


This is just a corner of the "forever shawl" not a clear pic since it was done by the webcam in poor light with one corner of the unfinished shawl being held in my mouth. It has a simple diamond pattern and is a rather dense very fundamental lace pattern with a 20 row 10 stitch repeat. I am trying this because of so many failures with intermediate level lace. I decided to go back to kindergarten. Once I master this, and given its eventual size I will have plenty of opportunity to perfect my techniques; I will then be ready for something a little more challenging. I hope.
The forever shawl is actualliy titled, A Beginners Triangle, in a wonderful lace book, A GATHERING OF LACE, by Amy Detjen. I will insert a better photo when completed. That was a hopeful statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment