Wednesday, April 22, 2009

yoking the serenity to today




What has arrived in life today? Feeling refreshed from the beachtrip, I was confronted by a house that has been occupied by two young men for three days without a person to remind them to clean-up. The results are obvious. This is what happens when grandma (me)makes a habit of cleaning it up instead of waiting for them to get it done.

On another topic husband, Steve, had a small seizure this morning. Anxious about what that portends, I have changed my plans for the day and will be staying home. Facing the mess.

Would rather knit on the forever shawl... a name I coined for it since it takes FOREVER to finish

I will first confront the dust, then the tracked in dirt and spilled food in the kitchen.

Epiphanies and serenity so recently experienced starts to evaporate amidst the humdrum, drama, and screeches from the cockatoo. What good is it if I can't access serenity when its most needed? That is what the practice is all about. The discipline. Breathe, find the peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment